Friday, April 1, 2011

Forget it. I give up cycling.


As of today, I have decided to retire my road bike and pursue other interests. I have decided that trying to complete a stage of the Tour de France is not challenging enough. So I will be spending some time on the rally circuit with the goal of participating in the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb on June 26th. The above video was taken by Travis Pastrana on a practice run up Mount Washington. His Subaru was outfitted with cameras because he's well-known... but my time was actually faster. He lost a bit of time on some of the early turns when he didn't take the corners as aggressively as he could've.

Okay, maybe I won't be doing that. I had a strong urge to pee while watching the video. It's pretty freaking awesome but certainly makes one pucker up when they hit the fog at the top of Mount Washington. Happy April Fool's Day.

1 comment:

  1. I think a Pikes Peak Bike Race would be amazing! Pavement, dirt roads and snow!

    Here's a video of this year's 2wd Pike's Peak winner. http://vimeo.com/13171794

    ReplyDelete