Thursday, December 30, 2010
10 signs that cycling has taken over your life
1. Distances are measured by how long it would take you to cover it on a bike. New York to Los Angeles is 208.34 hours. 197.59 hours if you use your aero wheels.
2. You mutter "car back" while driving when you see headlights behind you. (+1 if your significant other actually understands why you do this.)
3. You start drafting behind people on the sidewalk.
4. You read articles about cycling and impotence, shrug your shoulders, and go for a 50 mile ride.
5. You try to lift your butt off the car seat when you drive over a bump.
6. You shave your legs more than your wife or girlfriend. She borrows your Nair.
7. You have quads like a horse. And biceps like vermicelli. And you think this looks good. (Urkel wants his arms back.)
8. You calculate the cost of your last carbon fiber purchase in $/gram. And discover that cocaine is actually cheaper.
9. You traded in your perfectly good car to buy a new one with paddle shifters... because they just make more sense.
10. Someone tries to schedule a meeting at 12:25 and you hear something about cassettes.