|Profile for the 2011 Etape Acte 1. Stage 19 of the 2011 Tour de France.|
Here are some of the things I've taken care of in the past couple of weeks/months for this trip:
- Reserved my trip through Custom Getaways. These guys are "official" Etape du Tour operators and they have several packages for the trip. They've been extremely helpful and pleasant to work with.
- Finalized my itinerary:
- Flight into Geneva, Switzerland
- One night in Lyon, France
- Two nights in Valfréjus
- One night at Alpe d'Huez
- Two nights in Geneva
- Flight back to NYC from Geneva
- Bought my plane tickets to Geneva
- All hotels reserved
- Bought a Pika Packworks travel case for my bike
- Bike fit at Signature Cycles.
- 12 weeks of base, one build cycle
- Training log since February 2011
- Mileage: 2,005mi (3,226km)
- Total climbing: 88,166ft (26,873m)
- Rides: 66 rides
- Weight change from 158lbs (71.7kg) to 152lbs (68.9kg)
Here are some things that remain to be done in the next month (suggestions welcome!):
- Finish one last build cycle in my training... and then just hope for the best
- Figure out how to get from Geneva to Lyon - presumably by train but will have to figure out logistics
- Learn at least a few key phrases in French:
- Where is the bathroom?
- Do you speak English?
- Can you pull me up the Col du Galibier
- Good places to visit in either Lyon or Geneva.
- Lyon is supposedly the gastronomic capital of Europe... so a good restaurant.
- I want to visit Aiguille du Midi.
|Aiguille du Midi|