Thursday, June 9, 2011

It is HOT (Updated)


We are supposed to reach near-record temperatures today in Gotham. I am supposed to do a threshold workout today and was initially planning to go out to New Jersey to do the workout on 9W (mainly because Central Park is too crowded nowadays and today is going to be insane because the Black Eyed Peas and Taylor Swift are giving a free concert in the park). But now I'm hesitating about doing a threshold workout in this kind of heat wave. I already placed one of my water bottles in the freezer so that I'll be able to carry two bottles (one frozen) when I go for my workout. But maybe discretion is the better part of valor... and maybe I'd like to avoid heat stroke. I'll decide later in the day.

As a side note, I can't believe that there was a team (Meridiana-Kamen) out there willing to sign Riccardo Riccò. Luckily, the Italian cycling federation hasn't granted him clearance to race yet. But in my opinion, this guy shouldn't be allowed to race ever again. One thing that strikes me about Riccò and his attempts to explain his "situation" is that he is not a very bright boy. In fact, he seems to be one of those people who are so unintelligent that they have no concept of how much smarter the world is than they are. If I were a team manager, I would not risk my team's integrity to sign him.

One other thing for today... this blog now has a "mobile" version so if you're reading it on something like the iPhone, you should (automatically) be seeing a version that is formatted to make for easier reading in a small screen format.

Update:
Not only is it hot, apparently there is the mother of all thunderstorms approaching the NYC/NJ area (you know, the type that brings lightning, thunder, and hail), especially near where I was to do my workout (indicated in red). The radar images scare me... so I'm going to be lazy and watch today's stage of the Dauphine. I'll try to make up the workout tomorrow instead.


1 comment: