Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Ride for the Etape


Several readers have asked what I'll be riding for the Etape. Many, though not all, cyclists are gearheads and love talking about their bikes (or the bikes they lust after). I'm definitely a gearhead. I love reading about frames, components, and wheels and I appreciate bikes ranging from the old steel Bianchis with the classic Campagnolo components to the newest Specialized Venge equipped with Shimano Di2. It took a little thought to put together a bike that I thought would suit my riding style and the challenge that the Etape will present... but here it is. It's a great little machine and it won't be the bike's fault if I have problems getting up the Galibier next month.

Specifications:
Parlee Z5 frame (custom paint)
Shimano DuraAce 7900 group (compact crank, 12-27 cassette)
HED Ardennes wheels with Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX tires
Fizik Antares saddle
Look Keo 2 Max pedals
Thomson Masterpiece seatpost
FSA OS-99 stem (90mm)
FSA K-Force Compact handlebars (42cm)
Arundel Mandible bottle cages

And some additional pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment