Monday, July 4, 2011

One week left!


It's July 4th and I can't really write much today. But by this time next week, I will have attempted to finish the Etape du Tour. Hopefully I will have actually finished the route.

This week is a rather quiet week in terms of cycling. I have a ton of work to get settled before I leave for Geneva and I'll do a couple of rides to just taper a bit before the ride. Ideally, I'd like to get a recon ride in of the Col du Telegraphe (11.8km, 7.3%) on Saturday as well. Granted, it's only the first climb of the ride but I think psychologically, it'll be beneficial to have seen even one of the climbs before the actual Etape.

Now I need to figure out what to pack, what clothes to wear, what gear to bring, etc. I'm going to try to bring my own food/hydration stuff since I don't want to be trying out new things while I'm over there. More final preparation blogging during the week!

Addendum:
One of my riding buddies went to Acadia National Park and took a picture of his bike after riding up Cadillac Mountain... and it's today's featured photo at Bikerumor.com. Great picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment